The Director of Account Management and Operations position ensures the highest level of operational efficiency for the organization through the creation and management of effective processes, the leadership of specific direct reports, the allocation and measurement of labor resources and the selection and management of vendors or tools that aid operational efficiency. The position also has overall responsibility for client satisfaction and client engagement.
- Review tasks assigned by Digital Account Managers to resources to ensure tasked work is achievable and resource allocation is optimized according to stated milestones.
- Plan and lead weekly project milestone meeting to designate key weekly operational milestones with Digital Account Managers.
- Monitor progress on weekly project milestones and adjust resources as necessary.
- Provide counsel leadership and managerial administrative tasks to the following positions: Digital Account Managers, Content Master, SEM Analyst and others as assigned.
- Identify needs for a formalized process and either create process, amend an existing process or direct the creation or amendment of a process
- Ensure that all clients are receiving an appropriate level of communication and that any matters of discontent are surfaced early and corrected as soon as possible.
- Ensure that the selected Project Management program is being used at the highest optimal level and that Digital Account Managers and task holders are keeping all tasks and their status up-to-date
- Report on resource use per client and ensure client hour consumption is equal to client hour purchase.
- Seek, evaluate, recommend and manage both automated tools and outsource labor opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
- Provide Account Management services to select clients.
- Provide reports when requested on resource capacity, resource use and profitability of specific projects.
- Assist in the development of estimates for web development and special projects.
- Ensure that any material presented to clients is consistent with the agency’s brand guidelines and approved materials.
Key Position Required Experience:
- At least 2 years experience as as senior operations manager in digital agency environment.
- At least 3 total years in advanced project management where the role led project management by deconstructing large objectives into actionable tasks and leading the follow through of those tasks to a successful completion.
- At least 3 years experience using a popular project management software or online tool to its fullest capacity to lead multiple projects to successful completion.
- At least 2 years experience guiding subordinates to improved performance and providing administrative managerial tasks.
- At least 3 years of work experience that included direct customer contact and being responsible for the satisfactory fulfillment of a client relationship.
- An understanding of basic SEO principles
- Basic WordPress page editing skills
- Advanced use of Google Workspace tools
- Ability to proofread material presented to clients
Summary of Skills Required for Success
- Project Management
- Account Management
- People management
- Resource management
- Vendor management
- Process management
- Excellent communication skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org