“The playing field is poised to become a lot more competitive, and businesses that don’t deploy AI and data to help them innovate in everything they do will be at a disadvantage.”
– Paul Daugherty, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer, Accenture
As businesses like yours seek to enhance efficiency, boost productivity, streamline operations and gain an edge over competitors in a rapidly changing business landscape, the significance of artificial intelligence (AI) can’t be overstated enough.
In fact, according to Forbes, the global AI market size is projected to reach an astounding $1.8 trillion by 2030.
From AI-driven content creation to cutting-edge image and video generation, as well as predictive analytics and beyond, AI is fundamentally transforming the way we approach efficiency in the workplace.
Although AI technologies offer vast opportunities for businesses just like yours, the high costs associated with some commercial AI tools often hinder widespread adoption. Thankfully, the availability of free AI tools has revolutionized access to advanced technologies, unlocking new avenues for innovation.
The 7 free, highly effective AI tools listed below will empower your business to explore AI’s potential and immediately boost your competitive edge:
1. ChatGPT: An AI-based conversation tool launched by OpenAI, ChatGPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) took the Internet by storm when it launched on November 30, 2022.
Today, ChatGPT boasts over 100 million active users and generated an astounding 1.6 billion visits in June 2023 alone, according to Exploding Topics.
Specially designed for conversations, ChatGPT generates coherent and contextually relevant responses to user queries.
Among the many uses of ChatGPT for businesses include:
- Writing Code
- Creating Marketing Content
- Translating Content
- Identifying Targeted Keywords
- Doing Research
- Creating Outlines
- Generating Textual Summaries
(Note that although ChatGPT is free, a ChatGPT Plus subscription can be purchased for $20/month with increased processing speeds, faster response times, and priority access to new features.)
Notable Features of ChatGPT:
- Language Understanding and Generation
- Large Vocabulary
- Contextual Understanding
- Multilingual Capabilities
- Self-Improvement Abilities
2. Google Bard: Launched on March 21, 2023, Google Bard was released as a direct response to the meteoric rise of ChatGPT.
One of the main differences between the two AI-powered chatbots is that Google Bard offers more current data since ChatGPT only has access to data up to 2021.
A powerful AI tool for collaboration, creativity, productivity and learning, Google Bard will “supercharge your imagination, boost your productivity and bring your ideas to life,” according to Google.
Google has recently announced a variety of new Bard enhancements, including:
- Language Support
- Customizable Responses
- Enhanced Chat Management Features
- Visual Search Mode
- Pronunciation Assistance
According to Search Engine Journal, “By supporting more languages and regions while enhancing capabilities like productivity features and customization, Bard is evolving into a versatile assistant for a global audience.”
Notable Features of Google Bard:
- User-Friendly Interface
- Response Customization
- Voice Assistance
- Response Sharing
- Image Prompts
3. Microsoft Bing AI: A powerful search tool, Microsoft Bing AI leverages AI to deliver more accurate and comprehensive search results.
Bing serves as “your copilot for the web, fundamentally reinventing search as a category with complete answers, a full chat experience and features to unlock creativity,” according to Microsoft.
According to ZDNET, “With the new Bing, you can ask the AI chatbot questions and get detailed, human-like responses with footnotes that link back to the original sources and up-to-date information.”
Notable Features of Microsoft Bing AI:
- Improved User Engagement
- More Relevant Search Results
- Personalized Recommendations
- More Comprehensive Answers
- Third-Party Integration
4. Copy.ai: An immensely popular AI writing tool for business owners, marketers and freelancers alike, Copy.ai uses machine learning to generate various types of content, including:
- Web Copy
- Product Descriptions
- Ad Copy
- Social Media Posts
According to PC Guide, the key strength of Copy.ai “lies in producing engaging, high-quality content with a human-like touch.”
Notable Features of Copy.ai:
- Text Variations
- Over 90 Content Templates
- Google Chrome Extension
- Plagiarism Checker
- Multiple Languages
5. Dall-E 2: An AI technology created by OpenAI, Dall-E 2 generates high-quality images from text prompts.
Named as a homage to both surreal artist Salvador Dali and the fictional Disney robot WALL-E, Dall-E 2 can be used for a wide range of applications such as generating art and images for marketing and advertising.
According to TIME, “DALL-E 2 democratizes the power of artificial intelligence in perhaps the most entertaining way possible. Just type in what you want to see—say, ‘a koala dunking basketball’—and the AI engine generates an image.”
(Note that you receive 50 free credits when you first sign up for DALL-E 2 and get 15 more free credits each month thereafter. You are also free to purchase additional credits.)
Notable Features of Dall-E 2:
- High Resolution Images
- Customizable Styles
- Editing and Retouching Capabilities
- Accurate Response to Prompts
- Fast Processing Power
6. Lumen5: A versatile and user-friendly video creation platform powered by AI, Lumen5 allows users to create engaging video content within minutes, even without any technical training or expertise.
With Lumen5, you can personalize your video in a variety of ways such as themes, watermarks, fonts, brand colors and more.
Lumen5 also provides users with intelligent suggestions and recommendations for the creation of video content.
According to G2, “Lumen5 makes your content look like it has been professionally curated. You can take written content and make it into a video or start from scratch.”
Notable Features of Lumen5:
- Highly Customizable
- Text Overlay Capabilities
- Extensive Video Library
- Collaboration Tools
- Social Media Integration
7. Perplexity: A powerful AI search companion, Perplexity uses advanced technology to formulate a direct answer to your query rather than offering thousands of links to different websites.
One great use of Perplexity is to check the online reputation of your business. Perplexity will instantly conduct a thorough search of any mentions of your brand, company and even products.
According to Tech.co, “One thing that sets Perplexity apart is the way it neatly collates the sources used to create the answers it serves to users, which means you can judge whether they’re legitimate and credible.”
Notable Features of Perplexity:
- Accurate and Comprehensive Answer to User Queries
- Cites Sources Used to Generate Responses
- Real-Time Search of the Web
- Powered by Large Language Models
- Easy-to-Use Interface